Dates: Oct. 25 – Nov. 21
Early registration deadline: Oct. 4
Final registration deadline: Oct. 18
This four-week short course defines White Christian nationalism and offers practical suggestions for how pastors and leaders can challenge White Christian nationalism. During this course, you’ll join Drew Strait, PhD, for conversation in online forums and weekly hour-long synchronous meetings.
Drawing on the disciplines of biblical studies, theology and peace studies, this course will explore what realistic, everyday and effective nonviolent resistance can look like in the context of congregations. This course will give special attention to defining White Christian nationalism, political idolatry, nonviolent civil resistance and strategies for animating the whole life of Jesus for disorienting theologies of oppression.
Drew will host live video meetings from noon – 1:15 p.m. EDT on Wednesdays during this short course. Attending the live meetings is not required to take the course, and the meetings will be recorded for those who can’t attend.
Designed for students of various backgrounds, whether or not you have completed graduate-level work.
- Early registration: $300 US per course
- Regular registration: $350 US per course
- Anabaptist Short Course Bundle: $995 US total for four courses!*
- Global South Scholarships are available. Apply for short course financial assistance.
- Participants should expect to pay for one or two textbooks.
* ‘Biblical Interpretation Across the Two Testaments’ and ‘Resisting Christian Nationalism with the Gospel of Peace’ are not included in the Anabaptist Short Course Bundle.