MEA Scholarship for BIPOC Students
The Mennonite Education Association (MEA) Scholarship for BIPOC students was created to support students who identify as Black, Indigenous, and/or People of Color who are attending a Mennonite college, university, or seminary.
Awarded annually to BIPOC students who are:
Up to $4,000 per year for one year. Scholarship recipients can reapply, but the scholarship is not automatically renewable.
October 1, 2023, for 2023-24 academic year; April 1, 2024, for 2024-25 academic year
OTHER SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
- Considerations: This scholarship is intended to further the education of future church leaders in MC USA. Connection to local church and vocational objectives will be considered in making scholarship decisions.
- Number: MEA will grant 1 scholarship per approved Mennonite institution each academic year.
- Duration: One year. Scholarship recipients can reapply, but the scholarship is not automatically renewable.
- Recipient’s program: Undergraduate, graduate, seminary, or graduate certificate program
- Recipient’s location of study: On campus or from a distance
- Recipient’s permanent residence must be in the United States
- Recipient’s church affiliation: Applicant must be a member or participant in good standing of an MC USA congregation, as verified by a letter from the church.
- Payment: Scholarships granted will be paid directly to the educational institution on behalf of the student.