Five outstanding alumni have been chosen to receive Goshen College’s 2023 alumni awards for their commitment to living out the college’s motto, “Culture for Service” and who exemplify the core values of the college. They will be presented with their awards during a special convocation on Friday, Oct. 6 at 10 a.m. in the Church-Chapel as part of the Homecoming Weekend activities.
The 2023 alumni awards are being presented to:
- Daryl Abbott ’69, Goshen; Culture for Service Award
- Pauline (Graybill) Kennel ’53, Goshen; Culture for Service Award
- Jeremy Pope ’11, Nashville, Tennessee; Young Alumni Servant Leadership Award
- Melissa (Lehman) Gillette ’05, Goshen; Dr. Ruth Gunden Champion of Character Award
- Geof Landis ’76, Goshen; Dr Roman Gingerich Champion of Character Award
The Culture for Service Awards and Young Alumni Servant Leadership Award were established by the Goshen Alumni Association to honor and recognize the achievements of Goshen College alumni who exemplify the college motto, “Culture for Service,” and who live out the core values of the college. Recipients distinguish themselves through commendable accounts of service and achievements at home or in their churches, colleges, communities and the larger world. With the same criteria as the Culture for Service Awards, one Young Alumni Servant Leadership Award is presented annually at or before their 15th class reunion year.