For Families & Children
- Here’s a wonderful blog post by Christine V. Hides on building an anti-racist children and family ministry.
- Here’s a whole page of anti-racism resources from Forming Faithful Families
- Children’s resources suggested by Woodland Hills Church
- Picture Books for Antiracists from Virginia Theological Seminary Building Faith newsletter.
- EmbraceRace.org, resources for parents raising children in a world where race matters.
- It’s Never Too Early to Talk About Race from Teaching Tolerance, a project of the Southern Poverty Law Center.
- Beyond the Golden Rule: A Parent’s Guide to Preventing and Responding to Prejudice from Teaching Tolerance
- Talking to Young Children About Bias and Prejudice from ADL
- Racism and Violence: How to Help Kids Handle the News from Child Mind Institute.
- How white parents can talk to their kids about race, a Life Kit podcast from NPR
- A Collection of Resources for Teaching Social Justice from CultofPedagogy.com
- How to talk to your children about protests and racism, an article from CNN
- FacingHistory.org, helping students to learn to stop hatred and bigotry
For Youth Discussion & Action
- Lament: Biblical and spiritual practice of resistance and protest a lesson for youth groups by pastor Bethany Renata Loberg
- This is a PowerPoint doc perfect for meeting by video conference. Here’s more background on the writing exercise.
- Teen Resources suggested by Woodland Hills Church
- This Book Is Anti-Racist by Tiffany Jewel
For Youth and Adult Discussion & Action
- Mennonite Church USA Undoing Racism resource portal
- Come As You Are; An 8-week guided digital racial justice journal for allies of BIPOC by Bonita at The Ebenezer Project
- Out of our pews and into the pain, a meditation by Ann Jacobs of Mennonite Mission Network
- Trouble I’ve Seen a book from Herald Press by Drew Hart and free study guide
- Plantation Jesus a book from Herald Press by Skot Welch and Rick Wilson and Andi Cumbo-Floyd
- Shalom Sistas by Osheta Moore and Osheta’s podcast, Shalom Y’all. Also follow Osheta on Instagram.
- Dismantling the Doctrine of Discovery
- Resources on racism and reconciliation from Woodland Hills Church
- “Please–I Can’t Breathe” and June 7, 2020, “White Heresy”
- Coming to the Table website for resources and ways to get involved
- Essays and Resources Addressing Racism from Ministry Matters (United Methodist)
- Resources on Race and Diversity from Building Faith newsletter of Virginia Theological Seminary
- Just Mercy author Bryan Stevenson: What Christians can do about injustice
- A Nation on Fire Needs the Flames of the Spirit an article in Christianity Today
- For Our White Friends Desiring to be Allies an article by Courtney Ariel at Sojo.net
- Don’t miss this fantastic list of scaffolded resources for folks no matter what stage of readiness they indicate for engaging anti-racism.
- White Supremacy Culture
- Stamped from the Beginning by Ibram X. Kendi for free on Spotify
- Episodes on Race and Healing from On Being, the NPR podcast with Krista Tippett
- Code Switch podcast from NPR. “The fearless conversations about race that you’ve been waiting for” hosted by journalists of color